Heritage's Starting Five

Tune in as local Heritage West sports writers put their two cents in on area teams and the world of sports. Writers from the Ann Arbor, Chelsea, Dexter, Ypsilanti, Manchester, Saline, Milan and Belleville papers will talk to you about what they do best, and what the best sports teams are doing.


Sunday, November 1, 2009

Better late than never...

The Pigskin Picks from this weekend are going up a tad later than usual, but you'll understand when I tell you why. NaNoWriMo has officially begun and I have officially spent hours writing something not work related. I also spent hours working on things that were work related. QED I was busy.

I did get pretty far though. We're supposed to write about 1,667 words each day to stay on track. Right now I'm just over 3,000 which is honestly really sweet. I found a good song and I grooved. I didn't quite put on the leotard and dance around my apartment like my friend Beth, but I did celebrate with some leftover Halloween candy.

Also, side note. Halloween trick-or-treaters really missed out on my doorstep. I had the jack-o-lanterns and the gourds out... I had my ghost (his name is Boo) ready to greet people... and I invested in the best candy ever. And then what is my prize? One single trick-or-treater. She was a witch and she was eight and she was alone. ALONE! After getting over the scary fact that her parents weren't accompanying her, I then felt bad for this little girl who also had no friends to go around the neighborhood with her. *Tear*

Also... the best story ever from Halloween. A friend of mine for some reason lives in a neighborhood where it is acceptable to go trick-or-treating early. Don't ask me why. So Friday night she stocked up on candy and the doorbell rings and this is basically what happens:

My Friend (thinking she's the coolest grownup ever): Oh, hello little boy. Take as much candy as you want!

::She holds out the bowl filled with Snickers and Milky Way candies::

::Little boy looks at the candy::

::Little boy looks at the candy some more::

Little Boy (quite indignantly): I already have that candy.

My Friend: Your costume is stupid!

Little Boy: Nuh-uh!

My Friend: *slams door*

So a lesson to all those kids out there. Don't be selfish little toads, because we can and will take you down a level. We have the verbal capacity to do it.

Ok back on track... pigskin picks. Results of the picks from this week are in bold. The standings are below the results. The week did not go as planned for me. In fact, I had the WORST week of the entire season. I mean, a lot of us didn't do well. Lots of home team wins. A lot of things went way wrong this week... namely all the college and professional games we picked. But at least I made a great Superwoman on Halloween night. And I got to watch a wide range of awesome Halloween movies all... day... long...

Milan at Adrian
Chelsea at Carleton Airport
Grass Lake at Manchester
Bedford at Pioneer
Gabriel Richard at Jackson Lumen Christi
St. Louis at Detroit
Michigan at Illinois
Michigan State at Minnesota
Eastern Mich at Arkansas
Alma at Adrian College

Standings:
1. Mike Larson--This Week: 6-4 Overall: 76-24
2. Jana Miller--This Week: 5-5 Overall: 74-26
3. Don Richter--This Week: 8-2 Overall: 74-26
4. Ed Patino--This Week: 7-3 Overall: 73-27
5. Dave Merchant--This Week: 7-3 Overall: 71-29

1 Comments:

Blogger Ed Patino said...

At the very least my college held up its end of the bargin. Next game will be a challenge though.

November 3, 2009 at 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]