Heritage's Starting Five

Tune in as local Heritage West sports writers put their two cents in on area teams and the world of sports. Writers from the Ann Arbor, Chelsea, Dexter, Ypsilanti, Manchester, Saline, Milan and Belleville papers will talk to you about what they do best, and what the best sports teams are doing.


Thursday, October 22, 2009

My biggest gambles in weeks

You can't win without making a few sacrifices. After last week I am just one win behind Pigskin Picks leader Mike Larson. Don isn't far behind me. The picks stand below:

1. Mike Larson--Last Week: 7-3 Overall: 63-17
2. Jana Miller--Last Week: 9-1 Overall: 62-18
3. Don Richter--Last Week: 8-2 Overall: 60-20
4. Ed Patino--Last Week: 8-2 Overall: 59-21
5. Dave Merchant--Last Week: 8-2 Overall: 58-22

This week I've stepped out on a limb for the first time in several weeks. I've singled myself out in two separate games as the lone cheerleader for Pioneer and Riverview. Everyone at Pioneer should boo Mike Larson if they see him. Clearly he has no soul for cheering against his own team. I saw Fordson play Saline and they weren't as impressive as everyone is letting them on to be. Pioneer can totally do it. They just dropped a bomb on Chelsea, so if ever there was a year they stood a chance it would be now. But, alas, I am alone in this and am the only sports writer to select the Pioneers over Fordson.

I am in a similar situation with the upcoming Willow Run vs. Riverview game. I happen to think Riverview is the most underrated team in the Huron League, a fact which they painfully taught Milan last week in a 28-6 upset. They're big and all their losses this season have been extremely close. Willow Run might be on a win streak, but they started off the season horrid and I won't be distracted by that.

The games this week are below for the final week of the regular season. Next week: playoffs!

Dexter at Saginaw Swan Valley
Saline at Chelsea
Lincoln at Grand Blanc
Willow Run at Riverview
Milan at Belleville
Fordson at Pioneer
Ann Arbor Huron at Ypsilanti
Hillsdale at Manchester
Gabriel Richard at Pontiac Notre Dame Prep
Iowa at Michigan State

BONUS!!
Penn State at UofM

The Michigan game wasn't included in the Pigskin Picks, but I'm going to call that Penn State wins by 10 points. I hope the Wolverines prove me wrong. Please prove me wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]