Heritage's Starting Five

Tune in as local Heritage West sports writers put their two cents in on area teams and the world of sports. Writers from the Ann Arbor, Chelsea, Dexter, Ypsilanti, Manchester, Saline, Milan and Belleville papers will talk to you about what they do best, and what the best sports teams are doing.


Thursday, October 15, 2009

Football on I-94

The game that I billed last week as a great battle on the gridiron between Ypsilanti and Lincoln was not quite what I expected.
First I didn’t think that it was going to rain all day and the conditions on the field were horrible. I wanted a passing battle with some good runs by some very talented quarterbacks (Terrance Moore of Ypsi and Andrew Dillon of Lincoln) but instead I got a battle of the sludge slowed down by mud and rain with a little of what I thought was snow.
Congrats to Ypsi and Coach Malloy for the first win of the Phoenix season. I want to say a special shout out to the Ypsilanti kicker who wisely stepped out of bounds to take a safety that could have been the difference in the game. Ypsi only won it 6-2.
Good luck this week to the local teams. Belleville will and should beat Crestwood. Willow Run should roll Romulus Summit Academy, Ypsi will have trouble with Saline even though the Hornets are struggling and Lincoln will host Huron and who knows what will happen on that one.
All I know is now that the “Battle of I-94” is on between Ypsi and Lincoln there will be some good football games in the future.
Chow for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]