Heritage's Starting Five

Tune in as local Heritage West sports writers put their two cents in on area teams and the world of sports. Writers from the Ann Arbor, Chelsea, Dexter, Ypsilanti, Manchester, Saline, Milan and Belleville papers will talk to you about what they do best, and what the best sports teams are doing.


Wednesday, September 23, 2009

More thoughts on the week

Hopefully my fellow sports reporters won't mind me posting twice this week, but since my Manchester-Addison preview was quite long. I just wanted to add a couple more thoughts on the week that was in sports.

The Manchester varsity volleyball team continues to impress. After sweeping Napoleon, the Flying Dutch are 12-6-2 overall and playing their best volleyball since the 2007 season. Meanwhile, the JV volleyball team extended its Cascades winning streak to 16 after dumping Napoleon, so the future is certainly bright in Manchester.

Minnesota Vikings 27, Detroit Lions 13. Hate to say I told you so, but "I told you so." Not that the Vikings beating the Lions was surprising (how surprising can it be to beat a team that's lost 19 in a row). However, most of my friends and some of my co-workers (they know who) kept talking about how the Lions would end the skid against my Vikings, and taunted the signing of Brett Favre. Well, Favre threw two touchdown passes (at age 39) and Adrian Peterson was his usual beast. And don't forget the defense, which shut down the Lions in the second half and prevented a comeback. I could gloat more, but I will give the Lions this...they showed flashes. They are playing lots of young players at key positions, and for the most part gave the Vikings a tough game. Keep the faith Lions fans...just not when you play in Minnesota later this year, haha.

That's all for this week. Looking forward to Adrian College's homecoming this weekend and hopefully getting my car back from the shop (had some electric problems last night). See you next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]