Heritage's Starting Five

Tune in as local Heritage West sports writers put their two cents in on area teams and the world of sports. Writers from the Ann Arbor, Chelsea, Dexter, Ypsilanti, Manchester, Saline, Milan and Belleville papers will talk to you about what they do best, and what the best sports teams are doing.


Friday, September 11, 2009

The pigskin picks will shuffle!

So right now I'm winning. I'm 19-1 and Mike is 18-2, which puts us in the lead by a fairly comfortable margin. HOWEVER, this week's schedule happens to include several of the biggest match-ups of the season, which means there's going to be a lot of shuffling, because Mike and I pretty much picked opposites.

The biggest games will be Saline vs. Pioneer (I'll give you one guess as to who we both picked), Milan vs. Airport and Huron vs. Bedford. Those three games are the ones that left the staff the most split. I think everyone unanimously picked Manchester, Ecorse (except Dave, bc its one of his coverage schools... and maybe he lied about how good or bad Willow Run might be), Adrian, Fordson, Chelsea, Tecumseh (minus Mike, who picked Lincoln as his upset this week), and Gabriel Richard. So it really comes down to the three aforementioned games.

For my part, I picked Saline over Pioneer and Milan over Airport for one reason alone. They're my teams. It's like... "you're my boy, blue!" I just have to. They haven't steered me wrong yet, and I figure I'll keep picking them until they fail me. Then I'll jump ship, as it were. If I wasn't the Saline and Milan writer, I would have been more likely to select Airport and Pioneer both. But I am, so I'm not.

As far as Bedford and Huron goes, I'm not entirely convinced of Mike's strategy. He seems to think that Huron hasn't run up the scores well enough against terrible teams to succeed against a farmboyesque Bedford team. I happen to think that Huron will be in Bedford's head, which means a lot at the high school level. So I have Huron. PLUS, Huron was my upset choice in week one against Chelsea... it's my lone error, but they DID almost pull it off and I sort of think that should count for something. But we'll see. 'twill be exciting!!

Stay tuned... I'll be back Sunday with the records and standings. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]