Heritage's Starting Five

Tune in as local Heritage West sports writers put their two cents in on area teams and the world of sports. Writers from the Ann Arbor, Chelsea, Dexter, Ypsilanti, Manchester, Saline, Milan and Belleville papers will talk to you about what they do best, and what the best sports teams are doing.


Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Tigers could win

Greetings Belleville football fans. For the first time in nearly three years I really like the Tigers chances of winning on Friday night at home against Redford Union.
Back in the day Belleville never would have played these guys in the Mega or in a crossover.
In talking with Coach Bob LaPointe of the Belleville and with all he told me I like the chances the team has. They have a strong defense this year and if they can gain over a 200 or more all purpose yards in the game maybe they can break this record.
I also hope that Coach LaPointe remembers my name is Dave and not John. He seemed to forget that last week when I spoke to him on Sunday. I guess I can forgive him since he is a coaching legend and he has seen more than his share of sports reporters in his day. I am just happy he talks to me every week since I have been covering him for three years now and a few years prior to that as well.

Good Luck Tigers! Bring home a win.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Rogers said...

Dave, you were right. They won! Your story was posted online Saturday morning. Good job getting up results.

September 5, 2009 at 5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]