Heritage's Starting Five

Tune in as local Heritage West sports writers put their two cents in on area teams and the world of sports. Writers from the Ann Arbor, Chelsea, Dexter, Ypsilanti, Manchester, Saline, Milan and Belleville papers will talk to you about what they do best, and what the best sports teams are doing.


Saturday, September 12, 2009

Oh, shut up Mike

The following is a transcript of the texts that passed between myself and Mike Larson last night:

8:16 PM Mike Larson: "Bedford up 7-0 at half. Whats the Pioneer score?"
8:21 PM Jana Miller: "oh pff. you and your picks. pioneer up 19-7 at the half. 4 saline OL out with injury."
8:27 PM Mike Larson: "OMG this game is so ugly. I think there are 7 fumbles between the two teams. And Bedford (the town) stinks. I'm getting eaten alive by mosquitoes."
9:07 PM Jana Miller: "insert inappropriate joke here and reference to bad pioneer/saline penalties here"
9:40 PM Jana Miller: "score? Pioneer up 36-14 in fourth. Chelsea killed Ypsi."
9:42 PM Mike Larson: "28-21 bedford final =) "
9:47 PM Jana Miller: "boo you. you just passed me up, you whore."
2:35PM Mike Larson: "Lincoln beat tecumseh 58-46. Defense was, apparently, not a priority."

I chose not to respond to the final text, because frankly, it insulted me. It insulted me because it put me, not one, but two games behind Mike. Granted, I saw this coming. Reading post below, I knew Pioneer and Airport would beat Saline and Milan. But I felt like I couldn't stand the sidelines without getting crap from people if I'd picked against my teams. And my Friday night sanity counted for more than going 8-2 instead of 6-4. So in the end, my 11-0 week was followed by an ugly 6-4 week.

QED it was not a good week for me, and as I predicted Mike shuffled his way past me. Good for him. He deserves it after being the one person to predict that Lincoln would beat Tecumseh. I'm rooting for Mike or myself. And I will do everything in my power to ensure that it happens. Lots of football left this year. In retrospect, it's really not so bad. Because it didn't hurt me so much as to drop me below Don's score. So the standings are as thus:

Mike Larson: This week 9-1 Overall 27-3
Jana Miller: This week 6-4 Overall 25-5
Don Richter: This week 8-2 Overall 24-6
Ed Patino: This week 7-3 Overall 23-7
Dave Merchant: This week 7-3 Overall 22-8

SIDENOTE: These stats are assuming that Ecorse defeated Willow Run. I haven't been able to find results for that anywhere, unfortunately. If the most shocking happened and Willow Run actually won, then the standings would only shift by placing Ed and Dave in a tie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]