Heritage's Starting Five

Tune in as local Heritage West sports writers put their two cents in on area teams and the world of sports. Writers from the Ann Arbor, Chelsea, Dexter, Ypsilanti, Manchester, Saline, Milan and Belleville papers will talk to you about what they do best, and what the best sports teams are doing.


Friday, October 2, 2009

It's rainy, and that's really bad for me

Tonight I will be attending and covering Milan's homecoming football festivities and floats and whatnot. Which is really bad news because it's rainy today. And it's one of those early fall chilly days when all you really want to do is lounge at home on the couch with a blanket, some hot cider and a movie. But alas, that is not my fate.

It's also bad news for the homecoming court, as I'm sure the girls will not have proper attire for the temperatures, and their up-dos could frizz and fall apart. Here's hoping that all goes well.

Milan plays New Boston Huron tonight, which happens to have the second-best offense in the Huron League. They score a lot of points, but they also have a weaker defense comparatively, so they give up a lot of points too. Milan's defense will really need to buckle down tonight. No more giving up big plays, boys!

This week for the Pigskin picks, Mike and I again have similar selections. Our one difference comes in the Saline vs. Ann Arbor Huron game in Ann Arbor, which Mr. Larson will be covering and reporting on for the two of us. Of course, I picked Saline and he picked Huron. It's really a toss up because both have had really unimpressive seasons so far and have been playing down, down, way down below potential. Last week I was the only writer to select Huron to win their game, and I was right, because there was no way a team with those players were going to lose that many in a row. Now I feel the same way about Saline. They have three straight losses, but some previously injured athletes have recovered. I am counting on them to clean it up and not lose another. Here's hoping.

Also, considering the time of year, it's time for me to do my annual fretting over how and when I'm going to get my exercise during the cooler/winter months. I envy all those high schoolers and their access to free workout facilities, and teams to play on with no work to do. Boo that. So now I'm waffling between a membership at Liberty Sports Complex (mostly for the winter access to indoor tennis courts), just sucking it up and doing workouts at my teeny tiny apartment complex workout room, or signing up for winter volleyball leagues. The first and third are obviously more fun sounding, but there is something to say about free exercise. I'll let you know how it pans out. For now I'm doing crap exercises at home with my medicine ball and hoping for the best while feeling fat. It's a girl thing.

So that's all for now. Time to get back to real work, the stuff that isn't as fun to write as a blog post because I have to be all official and serious. Also, check www.heritage.com under "Sports" for Friday night game coverage. We have results from all the area teams we cover by Friday evening. Go team.

Also, it's flu season. So find a local clinic near you performing flu shots and get yours.

Toodles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]