Heritage's Starting Five

Tune in as local Heritage West sports writers put their two cents in on area teams and the world of sports. Writers from the Ann Arbor, Chelsea, Dexter, Ypsilanti, Manchester, Saline, Milan and Belleville papers will talk to you about what they do best, and what the best sports teams are doing.


Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Good bye to Curtis

I love to cover sports and I love to watch from the high school levels all the way up to the professional level. I must say that the trade the Tigers made this week that sent Curtis Granderson to the Yankees was a more than a bit of a disappointment.
Curtis was not only a good athlete in my book but he was a good person. The type of player you would like an entire team of. He was a good example for the kids (which is hard to find these days) someone who never talked bad about other players to the media. I really wish him the best of luck and I hope he does well.
I would goes as far as saying I thought he would be a Tiger for life. I am not saying he was like Hall of Famer Al Kaline but in my mind he was a great center fielder. Good bye and good luck Curtis.
Now that I said that I must mention that Jana Miller will no longer be writing sports for us and instead she will embark in news. I hope she realized now she will have to actually work (LOL). At least she won't have to put up with those ornery coaches who didn't want to talk to her. Good luck Jana and I hope you get to keep your desk especially since it is behind mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]