Heritage's Starting Five

Tune in as local Heritage West sports writers put their two cents in on area teams and the world of sports. Writers from the Ann Arbor, Chelsea, Dexter, Ypsilanti, Manchester, Saline, Milan and Belleville papers will talk to you about what they do best, and what the best sports teams are doing.


Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Football camps

I will say this is the first time in a few years that I have gone to several football camps for high school. I will also add it has been an interesting experience to see the different coaches and the ways of holding camp. From a young coach at Ypsilanti High (Jason Malloy) to an older more experienced coach at Manchester (Wes Gall). It has been a treat.
I look forward to watching some good games this season. It will start for me at the Kickoff Classic at Eastern Michigan University next Thursday when I watch the opener when Manchester battles Clinton which has been a win for the Flying Dutchmen for the past two years.
The next day Belleville will battle Lincoln in a battle with two teams who as far as I can tell have never played each other and they are literally right down the street.
Ypsilanti will battle Milan is what has become a bit of a rivalry game between the two. Milan has come away with the wins as of late but I have a feeling this could be the year of the Phoenix or at least that way for the first game of the season. Look for Austin Sanders to play a big role in this one.
I can't wait look for some exciting high school football.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]