Heritage's Starting Five

Tune in as local Heritage West sports writers put their two cents in on area teams and the world of sports. Writers from the Ann Arbor, Chelsea, Dexter, Ypsilanti, Manchester, Saline, Milan and Belleville papers will talk to you about what they do best, and what the best sports teams are doing.


Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Professional football almost lost the meaning

I was very upset when I was younger when the professional baseball players went on strike and didn't play the World Series. I grew up pro union with both parents working for unions and I understand at one time they were necessary.
Football to me almost lost what I felt baseball lost so many years ago. There is only so much money a person needs and when it looks like they are becoming greedy than I think it is time to take a look at things and maybe change them up a bit.
If the National Football League had not worked something out I feel they would have slipped into that category. Have you ever gone to a game and had to pay all that money? I know I am talking to a lot of Detroit Lions fans and we know how hard it can be to stick with a team that has had so many disappointments.
I know because I have have been there and I have watched the ups and downs and hoped one day the team could get back to the glory of the 50s.
We shall see this could be the year. At lease now they will get a chance to try and do well. Good luck Lions and good luck to the rest of the organizations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]