Heritage's Starting Five

Tune in as local Heritage West sports writers put their two cents in on area teams and the world of sports. Writers from the Ann Arbor, Chelsea, Dexter, Ypsilanti, Manchester, Saline, Milan and Belleville papers will talk to you about what they do best, and what the best sports teams are doing.


Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Fights are not for football

I like to watch sports and I like high school sports but I saw something on Friday night I don't like to see anywhere but in a boxing match. I saw the Lincoln Splitters (who actually won the game) get into a fight on the field with the Belleville Tigers.
Both teams had players take their helmets off and swing at each other. Four players were ejected from each team and they are not allowed to play this week as well. I was up in the press box when it happened so I was not in direct contact with it (as I have been before). This was the first time in all my years I saw Belleville do this but not the first time it has happen with Lincoln.
From where I was sitting it got out of hand quickly but the officials and and coaches got it under control rather quickly. I give them credit for that. More players in my opinion should have been thrown out.
I pretty much have a zero tolerance for this. Just like a fight at school. This is a school function and you are representing the school on the field.
Hopefully I don't see too many more of these this year. The last one was a few years ago when Ypsilanti lost control at Milan. It ruined the rest of the Ypsi season. Let's up this doesn't ruin either Belleville or Lincoln's season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]