Heritage's Starting Five

Tune in as local Heritage West sports writers put their two cents in on area teams and the world of sports. Writers from the Ann Arbor, Chelsea, Dexter, Ypsilanti, Manchester, Saline, Milan and Belleville papers will talk to you about what they do best, and what the best sports teams are doing.


Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring has sprung

This is the busiest time of the year and for good reason. The schools will be having more sports than any other time of the year and each one of them will be covered. Baseball and softball will kick it off with girls' and boys' track following a near second. There will be girl's tennis, boys' golf and girls' soccer. Lacrosse for both boys' and girls' and even some rowing for those school that have crew.
What does it all mean?
A big dash to the finish of the year. Senior are almost graduated and most will be out of school before they finish their sports.
Colleges will be looking for players and sometimes they find them during the senior season and in the spring.
I can't wait to get to my first baseball game (as long as it is above 60 degrees). The first game is always the coldest and I can remember a few that seem more like a football game in late November than a baseball game in April.
I love this time of year but I will admit that email and faxes help out in the spring. If coaches can send me their info to dmerchant@heritage.com or fax it that would be awesome. I also want people to give me ideas for things other a than game stories.
Features on players, coaches, events or anything of interest is always welcome.
I want to make this spring special since it is my 11th one with Heritage and it was the first season I ever covered. I was covering Monroe and Downriver back then. Since that I have covered Downriver, Dearborn and now for the last few years Heritage West. That includes but doesn't limit me to Belleville, Lincoln, Ypsilanti, Manchester and Willow Run.
So everyone be safe, have fun and let's do this up right!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]