Heritage's Starting Five

Tune in as local Heritage West sports writers put their two cents in on area teams and the world of sports. Writers from the Ann Arbor, Chelsea, Dexter, Ypsilanti, Manchester, Saline, Milan and Belleville papers will talk to you about what they do best, and what the best sports teams are doing.


Friday, March 11, 2011

Blowing a gasket for college basketball



Earlier this week I wrote a column about how much I enjoy this time of year and how much I love watching college basketball.
I even included a part that said, "This is your time to take a day or two off of work, move the basement TV and the bedroom TV into your living room and set up shop on the couch."
So, is it really any surprise that at 1:48 p.m. on Friday afternoon, I'm sitting in my living room, on my couch watching Northwestern take Ohio State into overtime?
Well, it's a surprise to me.
You see, I would love to be at work. I'd love to be in the office, standing around the water cooler talking about the latest episode of Glee. But, unfortunately I'm stuck at home.
I couldn't even go to work if I wanted to.
You see, on Wednesday night, while driving home from Brighton after watching Skyline take down Dexter and Huron squeak past Pioneer, I had a bit of car trouble.
OK, I had a lot of car trouble.
My car, 1997 Ford Taurus I purchased in January of this year from some guy on Craigslist, overheated and left me stranded on the side of I-696.
Long story short, the head gasket blew and the Taurus, which I lovingly dubbed the Millennium Falcon, is headed for the scrap yard.
I learned two things from this experience:
1.) Don't buy automobiles from guys on craigslist who look like this.
2.) Being stranded at home during conference tournament time really isn't that bad.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

And you learned to talk things over with your fiancee before making big purchases!!

March 11, 2011 at 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]