Heritage's Starting Five

Tune in as local Heritage West sports writers put their two cents in on area teams and the world of sports. Writers from the Ann Arbor, Chelsea, Dexter, Ypsilanti, Manchester, Saline, Milan and Belleville papers will talk to you about what they do best, and what the best sports teams are doing.


Thursday, March 10, 2011

Ypsi is a strong team

The Phoenix wasted no time and I do mean no time on Wednesday as they made easy work of Bedford in the second round of Class A district action at Monroe 85-40. Tristan Simmons and Aaerion Allen looked like they were in top form.
Now, the test is on Friday night when they play the host Monroe Trojans for a chance at a district championship and the right to play next Tuesday.
I have watched Monroe a few times this year and I really admire their coach Dave Arnold. He was my track coach in high school at Anderson and I have covered him from Romulus, to Anderson to Riverview Gabriel Richard and I am sure a few other places.
I like Ypsi's shot and I like the way they are playing. The intensity is up, they are playing like a team and they look good. A team doesn't make 21-1 without some talent.
Phoenix coach Steve Brooks has that talent and he is an excellent coach.
See you on Friday night for some hoop!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]