Heritage's Starting Five

Tune in as local Heritage West sports writers put their two cents in on area teams and the world of sports. Writers from the Ann Arbor, Chelsea, Dexter, Ypsilanti, Manchester, Saline, Milan and Belleville papers will talk to you about what they do best, and what the best sports teams are doing.


Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Bob Probert dies

I have been a Red Wing fan my entire life. I remember when they struggled in the 70s and were just becoming a good team as Steve Yzerman and Bobby Probert were coming up.
It saddens me that the man passed away on Monday at the young age of 45. Some of the best fights I have ever seen on the ice had Probert in them. I even remember the one All-Star game that he actually got in a fight. I always thought that was funny that most of the time they don't even wear a helmet in the All-Star game and this time they had fighting.
I also remember the Wings getting ready to play in a big game against the Edmonton Oilers and instead of going to bed they went out drinking and lost the game very badly. I can't be for sure but I bet Probert was out drinking with the boys that night.
I am sad that he has passed and I hope he will be remembered for the good things and not so much for the trouble or the bad things that happened in his life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]