Heritage's Starting Five

Tune in as local Heritage West sports writers put their two cents in on area teams and the world of sports. Writers from the Ann Arbor, Chelsea, Dexter, Ypsilanti, Manchester, Saline, Milan and Belleville papers will talk to you about what they do best, and what the best sports teams are doing.


Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What a weekend

It was quite the weekend for this sports guy. Last Friday, I attended the Division 1 baseball state semifinal between Saline and Saginaw Heritage at C.O. Brown Stadium in Battle Creek. While the game was memorable, with the Hornets prevailing 3-1 to reach the state championship game for the third year in a row, what I'll remember most though was the nighttime ride home down I-94. Whoa! For two hours or so I drove (at around 35-40 miles per hour) through a rain storm so hard my wipers even at full speed couldn't clear my windshield. Add to that a lightning show that lasted for the entire trip home, tornado-like winds that had me dodging branches and construction barrels for miles, flooded parts of the highway that had me hydroplaning all over the road and a pounding hailstorm that ended up denting my SUV's hood. Other than that, it was an enjoyable ride home. Talk about a white-knuckler. Last Saturday was much better. Clear, sunny skies all the way to Spartan Stadium in East Lansing for the Michigan High School Football Coaches Association East-West All-Star Game. Milan's Thom Box and Ann Arbor Pioneer's Esham Farha helped lead the East to a thrilling, last-second 20-16 win over the West.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]