Heritage's Starting Five

Tune in as local Heritage West sports writers put their two cents in on area teams and the world of sports. Writers from the Ann Arbor, Chelsea, Dexter, Ypsilanti, Manchester, Saline, Milan and Belleville papers will talk to you about what they do best, and what the best sports teams are doing.


Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tigers have fallen

In the beginning of the season I was excited for the Detroit Tigers. We had gotten some good players and the team looked in good shape to actually make another run. I was really excited when we got Johnny Damon.
That excitement officially ended yesterday when I learned while driving home from work that he had been placed on waivers and may be picked up by the Red Sox if he so chooses by Wednesday. That did it. Now I am officially done with baseball for this season.
Some people said I should have been done shortly after the All-Star break. Maybe that is true but I am really finished with this now.
I guess all I have to look forward to is the Detroit Lions and the Red Wings in a few months. I love professional sports but sometimes high school sports are so much better because you can predict them a heck of a lot easier than the pros.
My advice to the Tigers fire Dave Dombrowski and get some new blood in the front office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]