Heritage's Starting Five

Tune in as local Heritage West sports writers put their two cents in on area teams and the world of sports. Writers from the Ann Arbor, Chelsea, Dexter, Ypsilanti, Manchester, Saline, Milan and Belleville papers will talk to you about what they do best, and what the best sports teams are doing.


Saturday, April 17, 2010

Youth is not wasted on the young

Yesterday, I signed my two children up for baseball and softball and you know what? It felt good. I am really glad that my kids will be able to enjoy some summer sports for the first time in quite a while.
I look forward to watching them play and seeing how much fun they will have in the field. I live in Allen Park but they will be playing at the fields in Melvindale which are right around the corner from our house.
I don't think my son will be the next George Brett or Wade Boggs and I am not even sure that he knows who those are.
I do know he was excited and so was my daughter. That makes me excited that they are both looking forward to the season.
I will not be coaching and all I want to do sit back and relax. Have a good time and watch some games on Tuesday night. I plan on having some good columns come out of this so look for them in the future.
You know how to get in touch with me if you have any ideas for stories. My email is dmerchant@heritage.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]