Heritage's Starting Five

Tune in as local Heritage West sports writers put their two cents in on area teams and the world of sports. Writers from the Ann Arbor, Chelsea, Dexter, Ypsilanti, Manchester, Saline, Milan and Belleville papers will talk to you about what they do best, and what the best sports teams are doing.


Sunday, September 5, 2010

Trip to Bedford

Maybe people take football a little more serious in Bedford than what I am use to. I recently went down to Temperance to see the Kicking Mules play the Lincoln Splitters and I came back with a few observations.
First they have a beautiful stadium in Bedford. It is like a small college field with all the fringe benefits. They have what appeared to be something similar to a "Wall of Fame."
The fans in Bedford cheered and jumped up and down for most of the game in the student section. When the band played the National Anthem the next thing they played was the Bedford Fight Song.
Bedford is close to Ohio and the colors are the same as Ohio State University. Maybe that is what it seems they have more fans than some of the school north of Ohio.
I was impressed and I liked what I saw. Lincoln did well against them but in the end the Kicking Mules proved to be too much.
I was glad I only got lost once on my way and when I went home a different way I had no problems.
I like road trips once in awhile but I will admit I enjoy seeing my teams play at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]