Heritage's Starting Five

Tune in as local Heritage West sports writers put their two cents in on area teams and the world of sports. Writers from the Ann Arbor, Chelsea, Dexter, Ypsilanti, Manchester, Saline, Milan and Belleville papers will talk to you about what they do best, and what the best sports teams are doing.


Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Calvin Johnson robbed of TD?

I think I've had it with the NFL. After watching last Sunday's debacle at Chicago's Soldier Field where the referees took away a legitimate, game-winning touchdown from Detroit Lions receiver Calvin Johnson in the closing seconds of the season-opener, I think I'm going to watch a little less NFL football from here on out. No matter how hard the league and its officials try to explain why the touchdown was disallowed, nothing they can say can take away from the fact the Lions were robbed. Robbed of a victory, robbed of an exciting, team-bonding, come-from-behind win and robbed of a road victory, of which Detroit hasn't experienced in such a long time. The whole incident stinks. What an embarrassment for the NFL and for referees at all levels of the game. I'll still tune in every now and again for a product that has been consistenly deteriorating for years, but I will temper my enthusiasm for and my respect of NFL football and its league officials and administration from here on out after watching last Sunday's travesty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]