Heritage's Starting Five

Tune in as local Heritage West sports writers put their two cents in on area teams and the world of sports. Writers from the Ann Arbor, Chelsea, Dexter, Ypsilanti, Manchester, Saline, Milan and Belleville papers will talk to you about what they do best, and what the best sports teams are doing.


Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tigers look good

The Detroit Tigers are still my favorite sport team and this season there is no better time than the present to start really being interested in them.
Last week I was watching the Tigers play the Los Angeles Dodgers and I couldn't help but be amazed at this new player for Detroit. His name is Brennan Boesch and man the boy can hit.
I watched him hit a home run to straight-away center field and another double than bounced over the fence.
His parents were at the game with his sister and they kept showing them in the stands every time he got a hit. The only thing better than a story like that would have been a Tiger win (they didn't).
I like these kind of stories when a player comes from another team and is a rookie. It is nice to see them do so well. I hope that the pitchers in the American and National leagues take awhile to figure young Mr. Boesch out.
That being said I just want to admit how much I like the Tigers. As a sports writer I have to be neutral but as a Blogger I can have favorites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]